Saturday 7 July 2018

# drugstore # review

Bio-Essence Miracle Bio Water Cooling Sunscreen Review



This time review is about sunscreen, I'm gonna review on both these Bio-Essence Miracle Bio Water Cooling Sunscreens in SPF 30 and 50

These recent days, the community start to aware about the importance of wearing sunscreen. Not only to avoid from getting suntan or sunburn, but also for preventing us from the risk of skin cancer

Hence, sunscreen is indeed importance no matter you are male or female. Not only for beauty purpose but also for your skin health

SO SISTERS AND BROTHERS, WEAR YOUR FREAKING SUNSCREEN!


And if you are on Twitter everyday like me, and you're into skincare you probably at least knew these people like Maisarah Mahmud, Iman Abdul Rahim and Chizu Bunny

They are beauty enthusiasts, who have a lot of knowledge about skincare thingy and keep sharing with everyone a lot of useful beauty tips. And of course, sunscreen is one of the emphasized topics






Ok now let's get back to my review. Sorry for the long intro tho

This Miracle Bio Water Cooling Sunscreen has been my long time favorite sunscreen since last year. My first sunscreen is the one from Cetaphil but God! I hate that thing! Cetaphil's sunscreen just feel too oily and sticky

Then I was looking for other sunscreen and that's when I found someone suggesting me to try this sunscreen


Details:

Name: Miracle Bio Water Cooling Sunscreen (SPF 30 & 50, PA++)
Brand: Bio-Essence
Country: Malaysia
Capacity: 40 ml
What it uses for: UV protection, hydrating
Price: RM30++ (for SPF 30) & RM40++ (for SPF 50)
Where to buy: Drugstores; Watsons, Guardian, Caring, etc.


The Ingredients



I think there's slightly differences in the ingredients list between the spf 30 and spf 50 (or maybe it's just the sequence that different). But well, I'm not 'pakar ingredients' but this sunscreen does contain alcohol and fragrance. Also both contains Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, or also known as Avobenzone


Some Facts

Avobenzone is an oil-soluble ingredient used in sunscreen products to absorb the full spectrum of UVA rays (Wikipedia)

Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane has the ability to absorb ultraviolet light over a wide range of wavelengths and then convert it to less damaging infrared radiation (heat)

Safety: Although avobenzone is considered safe, disintegration products may have significant health impacts and persist in the environment. A recent study at Lomonosov Moscow State University found that chlorinated water and ultraviolet light can cause avobenzone to disintegrate into various other organic compounds, including; aromatic acids, aldehydes, phenols, and acetophenones which may have adverse health effects

So for what I understand is, it's still 50-50 whether the avobenzone is totally safe or not for health. And I heard a lot about people got some reaction towards this ingredient especially those with dry and sensitive skin. So if you wanna bought this sunscreen,  make sure you can tolerate well with ingredients such butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane/avobenzone (Do patch test, please)



Pros & Cons

What I love about it?
I love it bcs the texture is very light, it's water based, absorb fast, doesn't feel sticky, no white-cast and most important is it feels so comfortable on my face and doesn't cause me breakout or clogged my pores. Also the price is affordable and easy to get at any drugstores in our country

What I don't really like about it?
I'm kinda concern the fact that it contains alcohol and avobenzone. Even though I'm not having any bad reaction or breakout, but I'm still worry about the long-term effect. Also I prefer if it provides with more than only PA++ (maybe +++ or ++++ even better). Other than that, I have absolutely no issue with this sunscreen


The Overview

From the packaging the SPF 30 claimed to be high protection and non-sticky while the SPF 50 claimed to be hydrating and light-weight



SPF 30 (on the left) and SPF 50 (on the right). They are just the same in texture.
In this picture it looked quite different bcs during that time the SPF 30 one dah
hampir nak habis


My final thought

I do really love this sunscreen. Will i repurchase? Ofc, always!

But I'm hoping that I will find a better replacement for this as I just prefer something with no alcohol, fragrance, avobenzone or any ingredients that may cause irritation but still feel so light and comfortable just like this Miracle Bio Water Cooling Sunscreen



Thanks for reading this post!


3 comments:

  1. awak still pakai sampai sekarang ke? ada apa apa bad effect tak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very amazing blog!Keep update your blog & share more information.
    Visit Best Astrologer in Hanumantha Nagar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing wonderful write up, we liked your blog post on the topic of Sunscreen aka the Super Important Skincare Step.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @soratemplates